I hope your day/night is off to a great start! Me, I’m just waking up with a cup of coffee with Elf playing in the background. YAY!! It’s the first time (gasps!) I’ve seen it this holiday, so I know it needs to be played many more times before the month is over.
- My holiday favorites start with setting the overall mood, and that includes watching holiday movies!
I have a list of holiday movies that I MUST watch every season. So far, this is what my list looks like:
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol
- A Christmas Carol…basically in any form…The Muppets Christmas Carol, the one with Patrick Stewart, Scrooged, etc.
- While You Were Sleeping
- Love Actually
- You Got Mail
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Frosty the Snowman
- All the Christmas episodes from The Office, Parks and Recreation, New Girl, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show
- Christmas Vacation
I hope I didn’t miss any, I might think of another can’t miss once I finish my first cup of coffee!Another seasonal favorite is putting up our Christmas tree after we eat on Thanksgiving. That’s the compromise my husband and I came up with when I told him I want to put our tree up the second Halloween is over. Haha.
2. I also love going over to my brother’s house and help decorate their tree. They always get a fresh, real tree every year and leave it up to me and my sisters to come over and decorate for them. My sisters and I went over last night and it was so much fun! Here’s the before and after that my sister took!
It was so much fun! I love getting to decorate not one, but two Christmas trees! =)
3. Another favorite is enjoying a red cup of delicious Starbucks holiday drinks! It’s a tie between the Chestnut Praline Crunch and the Salted Caramel Mocha. Both are soooo good!!!! Even though it doesn’t snow in Florida, I can always pretend I’m somewhere it does. Also, I can enjoy the drinks cold and not freeze my butt off doing so!
4. Wearing colors of the season! This includes but is not limited to nail polish colors, red lipstick, rosy cheek color, and sparkly things.
5. Speaking of sparkly things, Rose gold everything is my fave now. I recently received a beautiful rose gold watch from my besties and a rose gold bangle from my brother and they are my favorite pieces of jewelry that I can’t leave home without.
6. Christmas Music!!! Even though it’s playing in every store you visit, I still have favorite songs that I can listen on repeat. Wham’s Last Christmas, Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas is you, and the Glee Christmas Album Volume 1.
7. Stuffed animals dressed in Christmas attire, i.e. red big bows, flannel, bells, etc. Big and soft teddy bears with santa hats are to die for. Also, Hello Kitty dressed in Christmas attire…even cuter!!
8. Cooler weather in Florida. YAY! An opportunity to wear my Uggs, leggings, and a scarf in Tampa is always a favorite thing of mine. I just feel so cozy and soft all day that I don’t mind when there’s a cold front coming through the Bay Area. Many people complain about the cold weather and I always nod that I understand but in my mind I’m actually saying, “I love this weather.”
9. Holiday season means it almost the end of the year and the start of a new one to come. That means a new opportunity to get where you wanna be. A whole new year of opportunities, another year to make you still think it’s 2014 and help you realize how fast time is going by. Let’s embrace each and everyday next year!
10. Being thankful for everything that happened this year. Everything happens for a reason to lead up to this very moment so I’m thankful for everything this year. I noticed I started things that I never thought I would be able to carry out like starting and passing my Internship, and being successful at my internship. I am super grateful for that and it helped me realize how I can do anything I want to. I just have to believe in myself!
So there you have it! My holiday favorites. I hope you enjoyed reading mine and I hope that you can do a post on yours! I would love to read all about them! If you don’t want to, please share in my comments below what are your holiday favorites, I’d love to know!
For this post, I would love to tag the following fabulous bloggers:
Please tag back to this post so we can read each other’s favorites <3 Also, (if you want!) tag your other blogger friends who are not already on this list to fill out their favorites! <3